Click above to read article
Biology majors have a choice of careers!
A bachelor's degree in biology from The University of Findlay is excellent preparation for a career in the following areas:
- Research - using the latest scientific tools
- Health care - public health, physician, dentist
- Environmental - management and conservation
- Education - teaching in high school or at a university
- Forensic science
- Business and industry
- Science writing and communication
A UF biology student gives a poster presentation.
Find your area of interest in our many course offerings .
Our biology program lets students discover an area of focus through a varied and rigorous curriculum that includes:
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology
- Introduction to Research
Ecology and environmental studies
A living laboratory, the University-owned Rieck Center for Habitat Studies showcases a diversity of habitats, including woods, flood plain and prairie as well as a bird observation room, feeding station and butterfly/hummingbird gardens.
Newly renovated laboratories focus on molecular techniques, including gel electrophoresis, PCR and protein chromatography. Students can collaborate with faculty on independent research projects.