Environmental Health Scholarships
The Ohio Environmental Health Association (OEHA) provides qualified students the opportunity to apply or The George Eagle Memorial Scholarship. This Scholarship consists of a $2,000 cash award granted to one undergraduate, and one graduate student annually.
Application Deadline is February 28, 2014.
- Ohio resident
- Enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior in a program leading to a baccalaureate degree in environmental health or a related field (biology, environmental science, environmental management, etc.)
- Express intent to become employed in environmental health in Ohio following graduation.
- An OEHA member in good standing for two consecutive years prior to applying for the scholarship.
- Registered Sanitarian in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of three years experience in environmental health field
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Enrolled in M.S.E.S., M.S.E.H., M.E.S.I., M.S.E.P.H., M.P.H., or other environmental health graduate degree program approved by the scholarship committee.
- College tation Couor University must be an accredited school of higher learning.
- A personal interview will be required of the top three applicants a determined by the scholarship committee.
For more information, visit http://ohioeha.org/Resources.aspx
National Environmental Health Association and
American Association of Sanitarians Scholarship Opportunity
The NEHA/AAS Scholarship program is to encourage early commitment by tudents to a career in EH and to stimulate past and present graduates to pursue postgraduate studies in EH sciences. The program offers financial assistance to individuals with a demonstratable need, and serves to introduce adequately trained professionals into the EH workforce.
Undergraduate - The undergraduate scholarships are available to students who are enrolled in an approved four-year college or university that is either accredited by the Environmental Health Accreditation Council (EHAC) or is a NEHA Educational or Sustaining Member School (Environmental Health Accreditation Council) accredited colleges/universities and NEHA Educational and Sustaining Member Schools.
Graduate - The graduate scholarship is available to those students or career professionals who are enrolled in a graduate program at a recognized college or university with a declared curriculum
in EH sciences.
There will be two awards presented, one $2,000 award to one graduate student and three $1,000 awards to each of three undergraduate students.
Application, Click Here
Submit Application to:
7290 S. Colorado Blvd., Ste. 1000-N
Denver, CO 80246-1926
Contact: Cindy Dimmitt
NEHA Scholarship Liaison
Phone: 303-756-9090, ext. 300