1. One nylon and one leather halter and two cotton leads
2. Chain attachment a must
3. Dressage saddle
4. Girth of long billets: 30" - 32” size
5. Dressage bridle (brown or black leather) flash attachment if not already on bridle
6. Smooth snaffle bit - loose ring one medium and one thin 5 ½” – 5 ¾”
7. Three white or black Dressage pads
8. One 1/2" foam or gel pad
9. Front galloping boots and/or polo wraps (white or black preferred)
10. Clippers with size 10 and 40 blades
11. Four white or gray flannel leg wraps and no-bow bandages (stitched twice long ways) bandage measurements: 2 @ 14” and 2 @ 16”
12. Cotton lunge line - minimum 30’ & lunge whip
13. Horse cooler – a) 80-100% wool or polar fleece (square wool cooler or 80-82 fitted conservative cooler), b) Anti-sweat sheet (80-82)
14. Bathing equipment - shampoo, sponge, sweat scraper, etc.
15. Grooming equipment - dandy brush (stiff bristle), body brush (soft bristle), rubber curry comb (not Sarvis), mane comb, hoof pick, two towels, pulling comb, braiding supplies.
16. Digital thermometer and Vaseline
17. ASTM certified black hunt cap and hairnets
18. Zip or lace paddock boots or tall boots (black or brown)
19. Half chaps and breeches for daily ring wear
20. Dressage whip and gloves
21. Spurs with black leather straps 3/4"-1"
22. Side reins (preferably leather with rubber donut)
23. Tack cleaning supplies and boot polish
24. Padlock for your tack locker
25. Horse sheet, size 80"-82" (needed as weather gets cooler)
* A tack locker is provided for each student. Please do not plan on bringing your own tack trunk.
** All equipment should be marked with your first and last name. Brass name plates are appropriate for leather strap goods.
1. Pessoa Ropes
2. Long Lines
3. Bell Boots
(required if your assigned horse needs them)
The following items are required if you are interested in the IHSA Equestrian Team, the IDA Dressage Team and/or any other horse show(s):
Optional Horse Show Attire:
Optional Dressage Horse Show Attire:
1. Navy hunt coat
1. Long or short sleeved white shirt and tie
2. Long sleeved white or pastel show shirt
2. Show breeches (white appropriate)
3. Show breeches (khaki, greenish-beige,
3. Coat (dark color)
Tailored Sportsman brand or similar
4. Polo wraps (white or black)
5. Gloves (white or black)
4. Black leather field or dress boots
No Indian or Argentine-made bridles or saddles, unless they are Collegiate brand!