Science, technology and mathematics fields are quickly becoming the
fastest-growing and highest-wage jobs.
When: Friday, sept. 26 - Beginning at 8 a.m.
Where: The University of Findlay - Davis Street Building
STEM Visit Day Details:
During your visit you will learn more about UF's hands-on approach to science, technology or mathematics. You'll have the opportunity to participate in breakout sessions, take a tour our facilities, hear from a panel of UF alumni who are now professionals in these fields and meet with faculty in the programs.
Our breakout sessions will give you a hands-on experience of our degrees:
- Biology - dissect eyes, lungs and hearts and have the opportunity to monitor heart and respiratory rates and rhythms with our state-of-the-art physiology equipment.
- Chemistry - use colored M&M's and a spectrometer to show colors from violet to red.
- Computer Science - participate in an "Hour of Code". Use drag and drop programming to create animations where you can learn more about how code works and software applications are created.
- Environmental, Safety & Occupational Health Management - suit-up for confined space training or participate in water quality testing.
- Mathematics - use regression to calculate how many rubber bands it will take to safely send a Barbie doll over a balcony in Barbie Bungee Jump.
8-9 a.m. - Check in and browse program information tables
9-10 a.m. - Admissions information session
10-11 a.m. - Campus tours, including STEM labs and facilities
11 a.m.-12 p.m. - Lunch
12-1 p.m. - Professional Panel - hear from UF alums
1 p.m. - Breakout sessions by program
Sign Up Today!