STEM VISIT DAY HAS REACHED CAPACITY.
Please click the orange button below to schedule your visit on another day most convenient for you.
We hope to see you on campus soon!
STEM Visit Day Details:
During your visit you will learn more about UF's hands-on approach to science, technology or mathematics. You'll have the opportunity to participate in breakout sessions, take a tour our facilities, hear from a panel of UF alumni who are now professionals in these fields and meet with faculty in the programs.
Our breakout sessions will give you a hands-on experience of our degrees:
- Biology - dissect eyes, lungs and hearts and have the opportunity to monitor heart and respiratory rates and rhythms with our state-of-the-art physiology equipment.
- Chemistry - use colored M&M's and a spectrometer to show colors from violet to red.
- Computer Science - participate in an "Hour of Code". Use drag and drop programming to create animations where you can learn more about how code works and software applications are created.
- Environmental, Safety & Occupational Health Management - suit-up for confined space training or participate in water quality testing.
- Mathematics - use regression to calculate how many rubber bands it will take to safely send a Barbie doll over a balcony in Barbie Bungee Jump.
8-9 a.m. - Check in and browse program information tables
9-10 a.m. - Admissions information session
10-11 a.m. - Campus tours, including STEM labs and facilities
11 a.m.-12 p.m. - Lunch
12-1 p.m. - Professional Panel - hear from UF alums
1 p.m. - Breakout sessions by program