WE DON’T RECRUIT FRESHMEN. WE RECRUIT COLLEGE GRADUATES.
The University of Findlay’s college investment plan is a partnership between the University and you and your family. Our goal is to guide you to graduation with the least amount of debt possible. Your part of the partnership is to work hard to build the knowledge base you need to become a successful alumni.
Take the first steps to find out what your individualized college investment plan at Findlay includes.
- Step 1: Send your transcripts to Findlay. Your transcripts will help us work with Financial Aid to build an award package that recognizes your outstanding achievements, both in and outside of the classroom.
- Step 2: Complete Findlay’s Total Degree Cost Calculator. In about five minutes, you will have an accurate dollar amount of what your out-of-pocket cost could be each year at Findlay.
- Step 3: Complete the FAFSA your senior year and list Findlay as a university you are considering attending. Listing UF in the FAFSA will ensure that the Financial Aid Office automatically receives a copy of your federal aid application. This information will be used to enhance your pre-awarded college investment plan.
The average net price to attend Findlay is $21,500, compared to an average net price of $19,600 for the state schools and $23,200 for other private schools in the region.
UF donors play an important part in affordability. Since 2006, our dedicated alumni and friends of UF have raised more than $7.5 million in endowed scholarships. Bottom line: 99% of students at UF receive financial aid.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship Competition Day
The University of Findlay’s Scholarship Competition Day is an opportunity for exceptionally well-qualified applicants to compete for scholarship money. These half-day competitions are by invitation only and are held twice a year in December and January. Dozens of scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 are awarded at each competition day. Call the Office of Admissions at 419-434-4732 for more information.
Choose Ohio First Scholarship
The Choose Ohio First is a program created with
the intention to advance: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Medicine, (STEMM)
education fields. Ultimately, by supporting students in STEMM education fields,
the state of Ohio hopes to create a more sophisticated workforce that will
improve Ohio's economy. The Choose
Ohio First scholarship provides direct financial support to current and future
students of STEMM education degrees. The
University of Findlay has five different majors where students can take
advantage of the Choose Ohio First scholarships
- Education - Undergraduate
- Education - Post Baccalaureate
- Computer Science
your sophomore year, you can continue to reduce the cost of your
education by earning one or more of the University’s endowed
scholarships. Click on the links below to find out more about
scholarships available for specific majors and interests.
Other Financial Aid Sources
There are several other types of financial aid available for incoming freshmen.
- Knowlton Foundation Scholarship
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Grants
- Ohio College Opportunity Grants (for Ohio residents only)
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Grants (PA residents only)
- Federal Perkins Loans
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Alternative Loans
- Federal Work-Study
- University Work-Study