Athletics Philosophy of The University of Findlay
At The University of Findlay, student-athletes will be provided with the opportunity and encouraged to progress towards a degree of their choice, in an environment consistent with high standards of academic scholarship, sportsmanship, leadership and institutional loyalty.
Participants in intercollegiate athletics at The University of Findlay must be enrolled in at least a minimum full-time program of studies, be in good academic standing and maintain satisfactory progress toward a baccalaureate or masters degree with the expectation of graduation.
It is recognized that The University of Findlay intercollegiate program:
1. Is an important part of a well-rounded university dedicated to the service of a broad range of student, faculty, and public interests.
2. Fosters pride in the university among faculty, students and citizens of Ohio.
3. Can and should develop character, maturity and a sense of fair play in its student-athletes.
4. Is committed to equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and staff, including women and minorities.
The University of Findlay intercollegiate program seeks to:
1. Have the university represented by men and women whose conduct reflects credit upon the institution and themselves who are making normal progress in degree programs with appropriate academic counseling, advisement and support;
2. Field disciplined, and competitive amateur student-athletes whose teams are recruited and coached by skilled people who are dedicated to the spirit and intent of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations; 3. Provide quality medical support for all student-athletes.
4. Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship and high ethical conduct for all student-athletes, coaches and staff