Earn your superintendent license completely online!
School superintendents often oversee what is the largest business in the community - its school system. The position requires a thorough knowledge of educational theory, school finances, and strategic planning and visioning.
An educator who holds a principal or administrative specialist license can add a superintendent license through course work at The University of Findlay. In addition to overseeing a school system, holders of the superintendent license can teach or supervise programs for children ages three through 21 (kindergarten through grade 12).
Achieve your career goals as a school district leader!
School superintendents are true leaders in their districts with an average annual salary of approximately $125,000. Superintendents have extensive responsibilities including:
- Achieving short and long term financial and operational goals
- Overseeing all aspects of a district's operational policies, objectives and initiatives
- Enhancing student performance
- Showing sensitivity to diverse community and student populations
In addition to course work, individuals must meet the following requirements to earn the superintendent license:
- Three years of successful experience in a position requiring a principal or administrative specialist license;
- Completion of an approved preparation program for superintendents;
- Pass a criminal background check.
Have questions about the program? Contact Dr. Buzz Dyer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-434-6901.