Entry into the Physician Assistant Program at The University of Findlay is a competitive process that involves multiple steps:
Electronically complete and submit the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
Follow the guidelines for submission as stated on the CASPA Web site. The CASPA application is used in lieu of the official application to The University of Findlay. Applicants are not required to submit both an application to The University of Findlay and a CASPA application.
- All official post-secondary transcripts are to be sent to CASPA when you complete and fill out the CASPA form.
- In addition, you must send all official transcripts for courses not completed at the time of your CASPA submission to the UF Office of Admissions when you apply. (The University of Findlay accepts transcripts from CASPA, so you only need to send transcripts for courses where transcripts were not sent to CASPA.) The PA program does not award credit for audited courses, volunteering, and/or employment experiences.
- All Transcripts for any courses taken outside of the U.S. need to be sent to the UF Office of Admissions even if they were previously submitted to CASPA (The University of Findlay will only accept original international transcripts – not those submitted to CASPA or evaluated by another agency).
- The Supplemental Application will automatically be sent to any qualified applicant upon receipt of a completed CASPA application. It will be sent electronically to the email address supplied to CASPA. If you receive it, submit the completed Supplemental Application (electronically, following the instructions with the application) and mail a $50 non-refundable Supplemental Application fee to The University of Findlay Physician Assistant Program. Checks should be made out to “The University of Findlay PA Program.” The supplemental application must be submitted no later than two weeks after being sent electronically to guarantee review by the admissions committee. In addition, the supplemental application fee must be post-marked no later than two weeks after the supplemental application was sent.
- Submit a résumé with the Supplemental Application Form (must be typed).
- Submit three letters of recommendation through CASPA. The University of Findlay's physician assistant program has no specific requirements concerning letters of recommendation. Applicants are encouraged to obtain letters of recommendation from the following sources to reflect on your motivation for becoming a physician assistant:
All letters of recommendation should be submitted as part of the CASPA application.
- An academic reference attesting to your intellectual abilities
- One letter from a work-related supervisor or colleague who could reflect on your personal qualities
A non-refundable $1,000 deposit is due upon acceptance of an offer of the program and will be applied to tuition.
Submitting an international admissions document should be sent through our International Admissions
office. Please contact them at 419-434-4558 for any questions related to the application process.The PA program reserves the right to extend the application deadlines.
Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Interview and Admissions Committee.