The mission of the Physician Assistant program at The University of Findlay is to provide our students with the medical knowledge, technical skills, and experience in a variety of didactic and clinical settings necessary for them to become ethical, competent, and compassionate health care providers as part of the health care team.
At the satisfactory completion of the requirements of the Master of Physician Assistant degree from The University of Findlay, the graduate will be able to:
- Evaluate diverse clinical situations by applying knowledge of anatomy, pathophysiology, clinical medicine, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, patient management, surgical principles and health promotion and disease preventaion.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate the effective exchange of information and collaboration with patients, families and other health professionals.
- Provide care that is effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of wellness as a menber pf the health care team.
- Demonstrate professionalism by practicing in a competent, legal, and ethical manner as a physician assistant as a member of the health care team, serving a population of patients of all ages in diverse environments.
- Assess and improve delivery of patient care through appropriate use of learning resources, self-reflection and commitment to lifeling learning.
- Demonstratate an awarness of and responsiveness to the larger system of health care to provide patient care that is of optimal value, and demonstrate an understanding of needs and priorities for cost-effective health care, resources allocation and uncompromised quality of care.