留学 ＆ インターンシップ
We strongly encourage you to consider study
abroad/internship as part of your Japanese program experience. For many
students, study abroad/internship is a life-changing experience.
have a wide variety of programs for students with different needs and
objectives. You will select appropriate programs through
consultation with faculty members.
Many of our students go to
Japan twice: through a short summer program and a longer study
abroad/internship program. Your learning is certainly not limited to a
classroom in Findlay!
For more information on different programs, please click the name of the program on the left-hand column.
- One semester or one year
- Depending on their level of proficiency, students can take
regular Daito Bunka University courses together with Japanese students.
- Several field trips will be organized by Daito Bunka University (e.g., Kamakura).
- Participating students will register as a full-time students
at UF. They will not have to pay tuition and fees at Daito Bunka
University. (They will be responsible for living expenses. Living
expenses are usually similar to what students would spend in Findlay.)
We have a close working relationship with the Hop-Step-Jump Language
School in Gifu prefecture. In addition to the internship, we do other
cultural activities and home-stay projects together.
- As of 2009, two of our graduates are teaching full-time at the Hop-Step-Jump Language School.
- Students are encouraged to pursue this internship during the spring semester of the senior year.
KAKE and TAKAHASHI Educational Institution
The KAKE Group is an educational institution in Japan. They run five
universities, one junior college, high schools, junior high schools,
elementary schools, a kindergarten and vocational schools.
KAKE Group is comprised of two educational institutions: KAKE and
TAKAHASHI Educational Institutions. The University of Findlay is
affiliated with them and we participate in joint projects.
One of the project is a reciprocal three-week study tour.
We send our students, faculty and staff to Japan for three
weeks through this program every year. UF students, faculty and staff
will be responsible only for their airfare and personal expenses. Once
you land in Japan, everything will be paid by the KAKE Group.
For an application form, please contact Cathy Donovan,
administrative assistant of Department of Language and Culture
- UF-KAKE Ambassador Program
The University of Findlay will host KAKE students for three
weeks in August and September every year. Our students will work with
the KAKE students during their stay.
Naomi English Language School Internship
We have a close working relationship with Naomi English School. We
send our students to Yatsushiro, Kumamoto Prefecture for internships.
We also host their students in Findlay.
- One semester program (September - December/January)
- Teach English to Japanese children and adults.
- Receive stipend to cover living expenses.
- Ms. Naomi Yonemoto, director, of Naomi English School is a graduate
from our Graduate TESOL program. She also taught in our Japanese
program and knows our curriculum well.
- One semester or one year
- Depending on their level of proficiency, students can take regular University of Fukui courses with Japanese students.
- There will be special cultural activities organized by the University of Fukui.
- Participating students will register as full-time students at
UF. They will not have to pay tuition and fees at University of
Fukui. (They will be responsible for living expenses. Living expenses
are usually similar to what students would spend in Findlay.)
If you are interested in these programs, please contact Dr. Kawamura (419-434-4619, firstname.lastname@example.org).
THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO UF STUDENTS:
Oiler Connection - As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance employment services to students, the Office of Internship and Cooperative Education Program has implemented a FREE online registration service. Once registered, you have 24/7 access to internship postings.
Job Fairs - Please view our Calendar of Events for upcoming events.
On-Campus Interviews - Watch for emails notifying you of the interviews.
Please contact the office of Internship and Placement for your required forms and additional information by calling 800-472-9502 or speak with a faculty member.