Truth, justice and a successful career!
The law and the liberal arts program is
designed to help students prepare for law school and for students who are
interested in a broadly-based liberal arts education that focuses on the law.
Concerned about the cost vs. benefits of a law
What can I do with a law and liberal arts degree?
- Legal careers rank in the top 10 for highest starting salary
- More legal jobs are created every year, including new opportunities in Internet-based law, international business law and environmental law
- Law is the background of choice for people working in the federal legislative branch of government, as well as for many business leaders
- With the variety of educational opportunities available in Ohio and outside the state, a legal career is eminently affordable and is one of the most fulfilling paths to quality graduate education and careers that provide stability, status and income
Our program is the only pre-law program developed with the careful consultation
and cooperation of all nine Ohio law schools:
- The Ohio State University
- The University of Cincinnati
- Case Western Reserve University
- The University of Akron
- The University of Toledo,
- Ohio Northern University
- The University of Dayton
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law
Each of these law schools participated
in the creation of this major and the individual course selections.
Articulation agreements have been confirmed with both Ohio Northern University
College of Law and Capital University Law School, provided UF students meet the
specific requirements for each school.
Students have an opportunity to work and study through the Washington Center organization. The Washington Center enables
students to gain the experience needed for entry-level employment and to prepare for lives of achievement, engagement and
leadership in order to shape the next generation of leaders.