The Ann E. Bonifas Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund at The University of Findlay was established in 1997 by the friends and family of Ann E. Bonifas. Ms. Bonifas was the Director of Dining Service at The University of Findlay between 1991 - 1997.
Each semester, dining service conducts customer satisfaction surveys. For every survey completed, one dollar is contributed to this scholarship.
Scholarship awards are made annually. To date, 18 students have been awarded the scholarship. There is a plaque located at the entrance way of Henderson Dining listing the recipients of the scholarship.
Criteria for selection of recipients are:
1. The scholarship shall be awarded to a student(s) who is/are enrolled in an approved major in an academic area of his/her/their choice. Said student must also be employed a minimum of 10 hours per week by the provider of Food Services at The University of Findlay.
2. Traditional and non-traditional students who are enrolled in at least 12 semester hours are encouraged to apply. All course work must be for academic credit and count toward a degree at The University of Findlay.
3. Student must also demonstrate good academic and leadership qualities.
4. The recipient(s) may be in his/her/their freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year of study at The University of Findlay, and shall have at least a 2.5 grade point average (G.P.A.) based on a 4.00 scale. Or, if a freshman, a high school grade point average of 2.5 or better.
5. The scholarship is renewable if the recipient(s) maintains a 2.5 or better G.P.A.
6. Preference will also be given to recipient(s) who demonstrate financial need through the appropriate forms/devices as administered and/or recommended by The University of Findlay Financial Aid Office.