Classes prepare students to apply to medical, dental
and chiropractic schools
- Pre-medicine is an emphasis area in the biology or chemistry majors that prepares students to apply for admission into medical, dental, podiatry or optometry programs. This means that students will earn a B.S. in either biology or chemistry, ensuring that the prerequisite courses for professional school admission are met.
- An active Pre-medicine Club, advised by experienced biology faculty, provides opportunities to study and practice for the medical school admissions test (MCAT), and network with medical students, admission officers and physicians in the local community.
- Rigorous science courses, taught by experienced faculty, help students prepare for professional school.
- Curricular flexibility allows programs to be tailored for students interested in applying to professional programs, e.g., medical, podiatry, optometry, dental or chiropractic programs.
- Strong one-on-one faculty advising assists students with preparation for professional school admission,
- Features many opportunities for students to engage in cutting-edge undergraduate research and active involvement in the broader scientific community.