As part of the strategic planning process the University underwent in 2012, the following eight goals were defined as a guide for all of campus to use as a guide to continue to move the University forward and provide an outstanding educational experience for our students.
- Equip students for meaningful lives and productive careers
- Meet rigorous standards for academic program review
- Grow targeted enrollment
- Excel at teaching
- Develop the whole person through individual attention
- Embrace professional, cultural and intellectual diversity
- Provide experiential learning in every program
- Build best-in-class strategic resources
Each year, the University comes together to evaluate if the initiatives from the year before have moved campus closer to achieving the Big 8 Goals, and to plan for the coming year.