national rankings and recognitions
- UF ranks consistently in the top tier of U.S.
News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” in the Midwest and was
also named to the “A+ Schools for B Students” list for the
- UF also is consistently recognized as a “Best in
the Midwest” college by the Princeton Review. The Princeton
Review asks students attending the schools to rate their own schools on several
issues — from the accessibility of their professors to quality of the campus
food — and answer questions about themselves, their fellow students and their
campus life. Comments from
surveyed students are quoted in the school profiles on The Princeton Review
- UF has been recognized as one of “America’s Best
Private Colleges” by Institutional Research and Evaluation Inc., an independent
research organization specializing in higher education.
- Victory Media Inc. named the University to its Military Friendly Schools(R) list for 2013, 2011 and 2010. The list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students to ensure their success on campus.
- In 2012, UF was recognized as one of the best
colleges in the nation to work for, according to a survey by the Chronicle of
Higher Education. The results are based on a survey of more than 46,000
employees at 294 colleges and universities. In all, only 103 of the 294
institutions achieved “Great College to Work For” recognition for specific best
practices and policies. The University of Findlay won honors in the Facilities,
Workspace and Security category.
- The city of Findlay was chosen as one of Ohio’s
Best Hometowns for 2012-2013 by the editors of Ohio Magazine.