​​Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is there an admissions deadline? 

The admissions deadlines vary by program. Click here for information detailing the admission deadline for each of our graduate programs.

Q. When do classes start? 

Fall classes typically start at the end of August. Spring classes start around the first week of January. Summer classes start approximately during the second week of May. View the Academic Calendar.

Q. Can I apply to a master's program online? 

YES! Just click here. Be sure to specify which graduate program you are applying for. 

Q. Do I have to apply for admission if I am not seeking a degree? 

Yes, all students who wish to enroll in a graduate class must fill out a non-degree application and official transcripts of all college-level work should be submitted prior to enrollment in courses.

Q. I attended graduate class at Findlay a year ago and now I want to re-enter the program. Where do I start? 

Students who wish to re-enter an undergraduate or graduate program must fill out a re-entry application after being out for more than two calendar years. Students also will be subject to the program requirements in effect at the time of re-entry.

Q. Where can I view the schedule of classes online? 

A. The schedule is available online in the Academic Course Schedule. You will need to change the program and session settings and select the department, or else you will see the schedules for all the programs. This feature allows you to see how many seats are filled and the maximum number of students permitted to be in that class. An Internet class is identified by INET. You can also see what books you will need for your course by clicking the view button under the materials column.​

Q. Does Findlay accept graduate credit from other accredited institutions?

Yes, in most cases, UF can accept up to 12 semester hours of graduate credit (completed with a grade of "B-" or better) from another accredited institution of higher learning. The credits must be comparable to the intended program of study and taken within the last seven years.

Q. Who do I speak to about financial aid, loans, and scholarships? 

The first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The University of Findlay code is 003045. All questions or concerns about financial aid should be directed to the Financial Aid Office at 419-434-4791 or email at finaid@findlay.edu or stop by the first floor of Old Main.

Q. Who do I contact if I am on a Business Office hold or have billing questions (itemized bill, fees, payment arrangements, etc.)? 

The Business Office is can answer your questions. Call them at 419-434-4690.

Contact Us

Office of Admissions  | 1315 N. Main St., Findlay, OH 45840​​  |​ Graduate Counselors  |  419-434-4732  |  gradinfo@findlay.edu