To make sure you are ready to start classes, we offer an orientation for all of our international students. The purpose of orientation is to give new international students a chance to learn more about the University of Findlay and to meet other new students.
During orientation events, you will attend sessions regarding:
- Maintaining your immigration status,
- Academic advising,
- Student employment,
- Advice from current students as you start your educational career with us.
During orientation you will also:
- Take an extensive campus tour to familiarize you with your new surroundings.
- Take English language placement testing (for those students needing the required scores).
- As part of the orientation process, you will register for your classes and purchase your books.
An orientation fee of $100 will automatically be applied to the account of all new initial students. This fee helps offset the many costs of providing a meaningful orientation for our incoming class. Please note that it is a requirement for new students to attend orientation and that the fee will be applied to a student's account whether or not the student decides to participate in orientation.
When to Arrive
We recommend that you arrive on campus one day prior to the first date of orientation. Upon your arrival, please come to the Office of International Admissions and Services to check-in. There will be staff members on hand to make copies of all of your documents (I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa, and I-94) and register your arrival. You will also receive a valuable information packet which includes answers to many of the questions you may have regarding the University of Findlay.
We love questions
If you have any questions regarding orientation, please feel free to contact our office. You may email us at