​​​Transfer Out Form ​​

If you are an International Student wanting to transfer out to a new university, please read the following carefully and submit the online form below.


We are no longer filling out any "Transfer In Forms/Clearance Forms" the new school may give you. Please click the following "Transfer Out Letter" link, print it and give to your new school. This explains our policy and how they can know if you are an Active student or not. There are no exceptions.

Transfer Out Letter.pdfTransfer Out Letter.pdf download and give to your new school International Advisor.

To transfer to another university (read all information carefully):

  1. Complete all information on this form. Failure to complete the form correctly will delay your transfer. 
  2. Attach a PDF scan of your Acceptance Letter from your NEW school to this for
  3. (New Students Only ) attach a PDF scan of your Passport informational page, Visa and page 1of your UF I-2
  4.  Submit the form ONE TIME ONLY.
  5. Once we receive this form and attached documents your transfer paperwork is complete. 

Please allow at least FIVE business days for your transfer to be complete. Your new school will automatically receive your SEVIS record when transferred. They can then issue you your new I-20. IF YOU WANT A TRANSFER STATUS UPDATE, PLEASE CALL THE NEW SCHOOL AFTER FIVE DAYS OF SUBMITTING THIS FORM.


Withdrawing From Classes:

If you transfer after you have registered for classes you will need to be sure to fill out the online Withdrawal Form. Remember that maintaining a full-time registration is necessary to maintain your F-1 visa status. Withdrawing from classes during a semester may cause your F-1 visa status to be canceled. Visit International Admissions for further information. 


New Students Only

An Administrative Fee of $2500 will be charged to any student who transfers prior to their initial registration or prior to the completion of their first term/session. This is not a fee to transfer the SEVIS record. Your SEVIS record will be transferred without payment. Please know that withholding payment will cause your account to be turned over to a collection agency.

Payment can be made in CASH OR MONEY ORDER ONLY to The University of Findlay.
Money orders can be sent to:

International Admissions and Services

C/O The University of Findlay

1000 N. Main St.

Findlay, OH 45840.

If you submit this transfer form your SEVIS record will be transferred within 5 business days of submission. If you do not want your record transferred in that time frame, please wait to submit until you are ready to transfer.