​​​​Transfer Out Form

If you are an International Student wanting to transfer out to a new university, please read the following carefully to complete your transfer. 

How do I transfer to another university?

  • ​You MUST complete the electronic transfer form at the bottom of this page. Submit the form one time only. This form will withdraw you from your registered classes and from Findlay. 
  • You will need to attach a scanned copy of your new school acceptance letter to the form below.
  • Please allow 2-5 business days for your SEVIS transfer. You will receive an email when your record is transferred. You can also contact your new school to see if your record is transferred.​
  • Do not submit the electronic Withdraw Form until you are ready to transfer. If you are currently on OPT, your OPT will end on the day you submit this form and are transferred. 
We are no longer filling out any "Transfer In Forms/Clearance Forms" the new school may give you. Please click the following "Transfer Out Letter" link, print it and give to your new school. 

If your new school would like to verify your visa status they may contact the Office of International Admissions and Immigration Services directly at [email protected] or 1-419-434-4558.

Click the button below to download our Transfer Out letter and give to your new school International Advisor.

New Students Only

An Administrative Fee of $2500 will be charged to any student who transfers prior to their initial registration or prior to the completion of their first term/session. This is not a fee to transfer the SEVIS record. Your SEVIS record will be transferred without payment. Please know that withholding payment will cause your account to be turned over to a collection agency.

Payment can be made in CASH OR MONEY ORDER ONLY to the University of Findlay. Money orders can be sent to:

The Business Office
C/O University of Findlay
1000 N. Main St.
Findlay, OH 45840