Stand up and be counted!
Accounting is a universal business discipline, essential to all organizations by providing relevant information for decision making and facilitating the success of a strong bottom line. A degree in accounting opens the door to career opportunities in all areas of business, government and not-for-profits both locally and internationally.
Click on the video above to hear Dr. Patricia Abels provide information about the accoun ting program.
Faculty members are active professionals within the accounting field
Course options include evening and online courses
Internships are encouraged in order to gain practical experience and professional networking
Each student is assigned a faculty adviser to help plan his or her curriculum, provide academic counseling and assist in career preparation.
Six Sigma Green Belt certification
Options and Advantages
UF offers a bachelor of science degree
- Earn a bachelor's degree in accounting and a master's degree in business administration in five years
- During the MBA you can take up to two CPA review classes and potentially pass half of the CPA exam
- Through internships, students have opportunities to log experience toward the 2,000-hour requirement to earn a CPA
- Students accepted into the CPA track program will have a CPA as a professional mentor
- Earn approximately $135,000 annually with a CPA certification
- Our CMA program has received IMA’s Higher Education Endorsement
- Combine a bachelor’s degree in business with a CMA designation
- Earn approximately $27,000 more annually with a CMA
Mentoring and shadowing provide real-world knowledge and networking opportunities.
- Freshmen and sophomores are matched with juniors and seniors
- Juniors and seniors will have a professional mentor
The College of Business meets the highest standards of business education established by ACBSP
through learning outcomes, quality and continuous improvement.