Intervention Specialist Education

The demand for teachers with an intervention specialist license is growing.  Our College of Education will prepare you to meet that demand.

Now more than ever, with the 2004 Authorization of the Individuals with Disabilities Improvement Act (IDEIA), the demand for teachers with an intervention specialist licensure is growing.

The University of Findlay offers an intervention specialist licensure program that is nationally accredited through the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). This program will prepare you to teach children with mild to moderate disabilities in grades K-12.

If you are a high school graduate, you can train to be an intervention specialist at the undergraduate level.  If you have a bachelor's degree in any field, you can enter the program at the post-baccalaureate level.

Have questions about the program? Contact Prof. Susan Brooks,, 419-434-6986.