The Physical Therapy Program works very hard to give you the best education possible! Here are some areas we are proud to talk about:
Our program is one of only two in the state of Ohio that offers a 3 +
3 program; three years of pre-professional study (general education and
pre-requisites) and three years of professional study (PT program
- We are the only program in the nation that offers a PTA to DPT Bridge Program for
Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) to obtain their DPT degree.
- 100% employment within six months of passing the licensure exam for both Traditional and the PTA to DPT Bridge Program.
- Average graduation rate over the last three years:
- 98% for the Traditional PT Program
- 91% for the PTA to DPT Bridge Program
We offer dedicated classroom and laboratory spaces with
faculty-to-student clinical laboratory course ratio of 1:16.
Our faculty has an average of 20 years of clinical experience and 14
years of teaching experience.
We place a high emphasis on clinical experiential learning with a
total of 33 weeks of clinical education in the Traditional Program and 26
weeks in the PTA to DPT Bridge Program.
We have a state of the art research laboratory including a
3-dimensional gait analysis system.
From 2009-2011, over 40 student/faculty research projects were
accepted for presentation at state or national peer-reviewed conferences.
Service learning opportunities include a six-week pro-bono clinic for
treatment of adults and children with neurological diagnoses, and a trip
to Honduras to provide locals with pro-bono PT services.
Many of our students secure employment prior to graduation.