Weekend College Admission Standards
This is a one-of-a-kind bridge program specifically designed for the physical therapist assistant (PTA) who wishes to earn a doctor of physical therapy (DPT) degree. You will study in our weekend college, with classes meeting on campus every other weekend in the fall, winter, spring and summer semester. Distance learning is also incorporated into the curriculum and you are required to work a minimum average of 20 hours per week as a PTA to complement your coursework.
Minimum overall and science grade point average of 3.0 in
the undergraduate work (on a four point scale). Courses with a grade below a
“C” will not transfer but will be included in the cumulative grade point
- Admission to the Physical Therapy Program is a two -step process:
- Applicants must first apply to The University of Findlay using the online Graduate application and send official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Apply to the Weekend Physical Therapy Program. Deadline for admission consideration is May1.
- Evidence of completion of a baccalaureate degree from
an accredited institution recognized by The University of Findlay.
- Evidence of having graduated from a CAPTE accredited
physical therapist assistant program (transcripts may serve as evidence).
- A maximum of 36 students are admitted into a cohort which begins
the program each January.
- Minimum of one year of work experience as a physical
therapist assistant is required and must be completed by September 1 of the year of
- Five of the seven prerequisite classes must be completed
with a grade of “B” or better prior to submitting the
Course information can be sent to Graduate Admissions in order to determine if it is equivalent to our prerequisites.
- BIOL 322 & 322 Lab - Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 hours)*
- BIOL 323 & 323 Lab - Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 hours)*
- CHEM 130 & 130 Lab - General Chemistry I (4 hours)
- CHEM 131 & 131 Lab - General Chemistry II (4 hours)
- PHYS 250 & 250 Lab - General Physics I (4 hours)
- PHYS 251 & 251 Lab - General Physics II (4 hours)
- MATH 123 - Elementary Statistics (3 hours)
Five of the seven prerequisite courses must be completed at the time of application. All required program prerequisites and official transcripts must be received prior to beginning the professional program.
*Four hours of Anatomy and Physiology must be taken within five years.
Selection of Applicants
A number of factors are considered during the selection process for each physical therapy class. These include: grades, writing ability, recommendations, employment experience, leadership, community and professional involvement. Students who are alumni of or currently enrolled at The University of Findlay are given special consideration in the application process.
The application cycle for the Weekend Physical Therapist Assistant to Doctor of Physical Therapy degree program (bridge program) is open from January 1 until May 1 of the year preceding planned matriculation.