Applying for Admission into the Honors Program
If you are interested in becoming
an Honors member, you must complete the Honors Program application form to be
You will be sent notification of your acceptance
into the program by the Honors Program Chair.
To be eligible for admission to the Honors Program, a student must meet one of the following requirements:
- A high school cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.80 or above or an ACT composite score of 27 or higher or equivalent SAT score of 1820;
- One semester of full-time enrollment or 12 hours of credit at The University of Findlay with a total cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher; or
- One semester of full-time enrollment and a total cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher earned from another regionally accredited institution.
At commencement, students meeting all requirements for the Honors Program will be recognized by designation as an Honors Scholar in their chosen field of study. Students achieving this honor will wear The University of Findlay’s bachelor’s hood and will receive a certificate from the President during commencement exercises. Successful completion requires the following:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.50 or higher;
- Attendance at mandatory biannual meetings; one meeting per semester;
- Completion of HNRS 370, HNRS 371, HNRS 372, and HNRS 373 (12 semester hours);
- Completion of HNRS 495 (four semester hours);
- Earn a grade of “ B- ” or above in all HNRS courses.