Responsibilities of Academic Adviser
- Remind student they must take four required honors courses (3 hrs each)
- HNRS 371 and 373 are offered in Fall Semester
- HNRS 370 and 372 are offered in Spring Semester
- Remind student of Honors Research Project requirements and timeline
- An honors student that is active* and in good standing** in the program will be allowed to have a tuition waiver for a maximum of 6 semester hours of overload credit.
* An active student is one that is taking an honors course during that semester.
** An honors student is in good standing in the honors program if their GPA is >3.5 and they have attended all required convocation meetings.
Responsibilities of Research Adviser
- Assist student in developing a hypothesis or plan for a project
- Guide the student in doing background research and developing the research methods
- Ensure the student gets IRB permissions if necessary
- Ensure that the student collects and analyzes the gathered data with proper methods and integrity
- Ensure that the student presents the results of the project
a. At Honors Convocation
b. At SSC or another public venue
c. Written in a publishable format