Faculty and Staff,
As we continue the transition from Blackboard to Canvas, we will continue adding helpful reminders to this email as we approach the cutoff date for accessing Blackboard. Blackboard will be unavailable to all faculty and staff after 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2019.
- Remember to use canvas.findlay.edu for accessing the LMS. If you're still using findlay.instructure.com, LTI tools (like Zoom, Taskstream, and Starfish) will not function correctly.
- Remember to back up your courses, including courses that aren’t taught every year.
- Download Blackboard Collaborate Ultra videos that you want to keep. These videos are not stored in the export file from Blackboard. Check out the Help Desk solutions on how to export the videos and using YouTube to store the videos.
- Blackboard will be unavailable to students starting May 14, 2019.
- Send in a ticket to the Help Desk if you need assistance backing up content from Blackboard Organizations.
ITS has open sessions scheduled through July to help instructors with backing up Blackboard courses, migrating content into Canvas, and any other Canvas questions you might have. Below are the dates and times still available, and all sessions will be held in the Shafer Library Learning Commons:
May 8: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
May 20: 1-3 p.m.
June 7: 9-11 a.m.
June 18: 1:30-3:30 p.m.
July 8: 2-4 p.m.
July 25: 10 a.m. to noon
If you have any questions or need help migrating content or using Canvas, please contact the Help Desk.