The start of the new academic year is almost here! Please see below for the complete schedule of opening activities.
You can also check out the complete schedule for New Student Orientation here.
The year will begin with the annual President's breakfast a nd opening session in Koehler beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 14. All UF and Winebrenner employees, retired faculty and staff, adjunct faculty, and trustees are invited.
Other events for current UF faculty and staff are listed below. Items where UF faculty and staff attendance are required are asterisked, and events specific only to faculty are noted. For required sessions, please contact your Dean or Supervisor if you are unable to attend.
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- 7:30 - 9 a.m. President's Breakfast and Opening Session (Student Rec Center, Koehler). All UF and Winebrenner employees, retired faculty and staff, adjunct faculty, and trustees are invited.
- 9:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.: Campus Planning Summit* (Student Rec Center, Koehler). All UF employees are expected to attend.
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.: Prayer and Sharing at the Start (TLB Christian Fellowship Room - CBSL 136) Sponsored by the Campus Ministry department. An optional time for faculty and staff to gather for fellowship and prayer at the beginning of the new academic year. Light luncheon provided.
- 2 - 3:30 p.m.: Orientation Session for New Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty (Learning Commons, Shafer Library)
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- 9 -10:45 a.m.: Teaching Partnership Program for New Faculty (WTS 251 and 254). For new faculty only.
- 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Full Faculty Meeting (WTS Auditorium). All full-time faculty expected to attend; adjunct faculty invited to attend.
- 1:30 - 4 p.m.: Information Sessions & Workshops (COB/Student Life Building). All faculty and staff invited to attend.
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.: Dinner for all Full-time and Part-time Faculty (MPR/AMU). Please note - A separate invitation will be sent from Academic Affairs
Friday, August 17, 2018
- 4:20 p.m.: President's Welcome for New Students followed by the Arch Ceremony. (Student Rec Center, Koehler). VPs, deans, and full-time faculty representing each of the colleges should gather in the second-floor hallway of Koehler at 3:45 p.m. Dr. Montague, Faculty Marshal, will organize the lines of march for the procession into the auditorium which will begin at 4:20 p.m. Academic regalia should be worn.
Saturday, August 18, 2018
- 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Morning Orientation Service Project (Student Rec Center, Koehler). Faculty/staff project leader volunteers needed – contact Crystal Weitz.
- 11:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Afternoon Orientation Service Project (Student Rec Center, Koehler). Faculty/staff project leader volunteers needed – contact Crystal Weitz.
Sunday, August 19, 2018
- 5 p.m.: New Year at UF Celebration Picnic (Cory Street Mall). All UF faculty, staff, and their families are invited to attend.
In order for us to get an accurate count for some of the events noted above, please click on this link or the orange button below to submit your RSVP by August 1, 2018.
Questions or comments should be directed to Liz Ditto in the President's Office at email@example.com or (419) 434-4530.