Truth, justice and a successful career!
The law and the liberal arts major is designed to help students prepare for law school and for students who are interested in a broadly-based liberal arts education that focuses on the law.
Motivated students interested in a dedicated career path in law can pursue a track that will provide their first three years of education at the University of Findlay at which point their final year of their undergraduate degree becomes their first year in law school with one of our partners.
We're proud to offer the 3+3 law program with the following institutions:
*Certain requirements apply. Contact Paul Chwialkowski for more information.
Law School Acceptance
Since 2012, 100 percent of our students who have completed the pre-law program and applied to law school have been admitted with partial or total scholarships. These law schools include:
- Ohio State University
- Notre Dame
- Washington and Lee
- University of Toledo
- Ohio Northern University
The Washington Center
Students have an opportunity to work and study through The Washington Center which enables students to gain the experience needed for entry-level employment and to prepare for lives of achievement, engagement and leadership in order to shape the next generation of leaders.
Internship OpportunitiesAs part of the pre-law program, students have the opportunity to intern with local and regional law offices. Students have worked directly on a variety of cases, involving criminal murder cases, business issues and real estate transactions.
Moot Court Program
The University of Findlay has an active Moot Court Program and students are provided the resources to compete in regional and national Moot Court Competitions.
At Findlay, there is a very active Pre-Law Society, which offers:
- Visits to speak with the admission officers of all nine Ohio law schools as well as law schools throughout the Midwest
- Visits to local courtrooms to see the law in action
- Practice LSAT exams and preparation guidance
- Interaction with other pre-law students and professionals within the field
Our program is the only pre-law program developed with the careful consultation and cooperation of all nine Ohio law schools. Each of these law schools participated in the creation of this major and the individual course selections:
- The Ohio State University
- The University of Cincinnati
- Case Western Reserve University
- The University of Akron
- The University of Toledo, Capital University
- Ohio Northern University
- The University of Dayton
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law
What can I do with a law and liberal arts degree?
- Legal careers rank in the top 10 for highest starting salary
- More legal jobs are created every year, including new opportunities in internet-based law, environmental law and international business law
- Law is the background of choice for people working in the federal legislative branch of government, as well as for many business leaders
- With the variety of educational opportunities available in Ohio and outside the state, a legal career is eminently affordable and is one of the most fulfilling paths to quality graduate education and careers that provide stability, status and income