Truth, justice and a successful career!
The law and the liberal arts major is designed to help students prepare for law school and for students who are interested in a broadly-based liberal arts education that focuses on the law.
What can I do with a law and liberal arts degree?
- Legal careers rank in the top 10 for highest starting salary
- UF grads have over 90% acceptance rate into law school
- More legal jobs are created every year, including new opportunities in Internet-based law, environmental law and international business law
- Law is the background of choice for people working in the federal legislative branch of government, as well as for many business leaders
- With the variety of educational opportunities available in Ohio and outside the state, a legal career is eminently affordable and is one of the most fulfilling paths to quality graduate education and careers that provide stability, status and income
Our program is the only pre-law program developed with the careful consultation and cooperation of all nine Ohio law schools:
- The Ohio State University
- The University of Cincinnati
- Case Western Reserve University
- The University of Akron
- The University of Toledo, Capital University
- Ohio Northern University
- The University of Dayton
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law
Each of these law schools participated in the creation of this major and the individual course selections.
Articulation agreements have been confirmed with both Ohio Northern University College of Law and Capital University Law School, provided UF students meet the specific requirements for each school.
The Washington Center
Students have an opportunity to work and study through the. The Washington Center which enables students to gain the experience needed for entry-level employment and to prepare for lives of achievement, engagement and leadership in order to shape the next generation of leaders.
Motivated students interested in a dedicated career path in law can pursue a track that will provide their first three years of education at the University of Findlay at which point their final year of their undergraduate degree becomes their first year in law school with one of our partners.*
We're proud to offer the 3+3 law program with these institutions:
*Certain requirements apply. Contact Paul Chwialkowski for more information.