​Frequently Asked Questions​​

About Tutoring. . .

Can I get a tutor for any subject?  

Yes, if a qualified tutor can be found. Chemistry, math and writing tutors are available on a routine schedule. However, if you would like a tutor in any other course such as computer science or psychology, it could take a week for a tutor to be found and hired.

How do I make an appointment?  

You can make an appointment by calling 419-434-5671 or by coming to the Academic Support Center in Old Main, Room 45. All appointments must be made at least one day in advance by 4:30 p.m.

Who are the tutors?  

Tutors are your peers who have received an A or B in the courses they tutor and have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher.

Are the tutors qualified?  

Tutors have received good recommendations from their professors. Writing Center tutors are certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).

About Study Skills. . .

What kind of study skills help can I get?  

There are two study skills courses available. They are listed as ACAD 110 and ACAD 112 in the catalog. You can also come to the Academic Support Center where you can get academic counseling on a variety of learning issues including learning styles, text book reading, note taking, test anxiety, learning strategies, organizational skills and so forth.

Are there study assessments I can take?  

Yes. Our web site offers assessments in study habits, test anxiety, and learning environment. In the link “Web Links,” there are a number of other web sites that offer various types of learning assessments.

About disabilities or special accommodations . ..


How do I get accommodations for a disability or special learning need?

The Office of Disability Services is located within the Academic Support Center on the ground floor of Old Main.  The office phone is  419-434-5532.  Accommodations are also available for temporary conditions. An example of a temporary condition would be a broken arm that would make it difficult for a student to take notes in class.

About taking a test…


Can I take my tests at the Testing Center in the Academic Support Center?

The Academic Support Center provides a test proctoring service to faculty. Arrangements to have a test proctored at the ASC must first be cleared through your professor or the Office of Disability Services. Once permission is granted, you must come to the ASC to schedule the appointment for when you will have your test proctored.