Individuals from the community may
freely use any of the resources within Shafer Library. However, to
borrow materials from the Library, community users must meet certain eligibility
requirements to purchase a library card.
- Hancock County resident; or high school junior or senior residing in adjoining counties
- Borrowers between the ages of 14 and 18 need signature of parent or guardian on the application
- Valid picture ID
The library card costs $10.00 and is valid for one year. The cost to replace lost cards is $1.00.
A library card allows the
community user to borrow the following materials from Shafer Library.
The loaning period is included for each material type.
- Books and government documents: 4 weeks, 1 renewal
- Media items (e.g. videos, DVDs, cassettes, etc.): 1 week, 1 renewal
Maximum Number of Books
Community borrowers may have a maximum of 10 UF items checked out to their record.
Overdue Fines and Replacement Costs
- All overdue items: $0.10 per day
- Lost materials: cost of book + overdue fines + $10.00 processing fee