Policies & Procedures​ for Disability Services

The University makes reasonable accommodations for students requiring special housing due to medical/disability reasons. The procedures outline how to make a Housing Accommodation Request. Requests must be submitted and approved annually; no student will be "grandfathered" for the subsequent year(s). Please contact the Office of Disability Services, (419) 434-5532, if you have any questions about this process.

Each Housing Accommodation Request requires the student to complete the form, provide required documentation and return to Disability Services by the required date.

      • Returning students no later than February 29
      • Freshmen and Transfer Students 60 days before the start of school
      • Requests received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis due to limited accommodations

​​​Housing request needs may be due to:

      • Accessibility Needs
      • Emotional Support Animal (ESA)
      • Medical
      • Service Animal (SA)
      • Single Room

Print a copy of the request form. If you have difficulty printing this form, contact the Office of Disability Services and we will be glad to forward a copy to you via postal or e-mail.

The Housing Accommodation Committee will review completed requests. The student will be notified of the approval/denial of the request via e-mail.

Appropriate housing assignment will be determined based on need and availability.