Graduate Student Information

​As a graduate student at The University of Findlay, you are eligible to apply for loans through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. Through the federal program, you can obtain federal funds directly from the U.S. Department of Education.  See below to learn more about Federal and private loan programs.

Learn more:


Stafford Loan Program - If you file a FAFSA and are enrolled at least half time, you may qualify for a Stafford Loan, which is a long-term, low-interest loan.

As a graduate student, you may borrow up to $20,500 in Federal Direct Loans each year, currently at 6.21%.  The FAFSA and your cost of education will determine how much you can borrow. Your enrollment level also plays a role in your loan eligibility, but you must be enrolled at least half-time. There is no requirement to demonstrate financial need.

Several of Findlay's graduate programs are offered via the semester calendar; others, the trimester/weekend calendar. Half-time enrollment for the former requires at least six hours of credit in a term. Half-time for the latter requires at least four and one-half (4.5) hours of credit in a term.

Graduate PLUS Loans - You may also have the option of applying for a Graduate PLUS loan if you are enrolled at least half-time. The loan is credit-based. Graduate PLUS loans have a fixed interest rate of 7.21%.Click here​ to learn more.

student loans


You may wish to consider one of the alternative loans that are available to graduate students in lieu of the Direct GradPLUS Loan.  As the borrower, you must initiate the loan, which must subsequently be certified by the Financial Aid Office.  Generally, you must be creditworthy, and a cosigner must be creditworthy as well.  While you may be able to borrow without a cosigner, having a cosigner may reduce the fees and/or the interest rate on the loan.  A careful review of interest rates and their trends may be of value as you decide whether the Direct Grad PLUS or the alternative loan is the right choice for you.  Please use the following link to explore some private loan options.

Screen shot 2012-07-26 at 4.15.49 PM.png​​

Employer Reimbursement

For many graduate students, employer reimbursement is a good option to help cover the cost of your education. If your company offers employer reimbursement, you must contact the University's Business Office​ to complete the University's Company Reimbursement Form prior to each session you enroll in. ​