Military Information

Air Force reserve off​icers training corps (AFROTC)


AFROTC is a three to four year program conducted in cooperation with Bowling Green State University. The classes are taught on the BGSU campus once a week. The student must be enrolled full-time at University of Findlay and commute to BGSU once a week for classes. Students initially spend three hours per week in AFROTC courses. All uniforms and AFROTC textbooks are provided. Click here​ for more information .


Veterans' Education Be​​nefit

​The University of Findlay participates in Chapter 33-Post 9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008 and the Yellow Ribbon Program. You may find more information on the Yellow Ribbon Program here. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.


Has the Veterans Administr​ation approved the academic programs and courses at University of Findlay?  


The State Approving Agency for Veterans Training has approved the academic programs and courses at The University of Findlay.   


How do I know if I a​​m eligible for VA education benefits and what will my benefit include?  

Call the Veterans Administration at 1-888-442-4551. The eligibility requirements are unique to each program and will need to be approved by the VA before using them at UF.  

You may also visit the VA website to view the different benefit programs that may app​ly to you.

The VA will pay tuition and fees towards your degree at UF any may include a housing/book stipend. The VA has a helpful GI Bill Comparison Tool which will show you how much your benefit will provide.


I have never used m​​y VA education benefits. What does Findlay need from me?   


For Chapter 33, Post-9/11 benefits, you will need to apply through the VA using their online system, VONAPP. Once the benefit is approved, you will receive a copy of your "Certificate of Eligibility" which will need to be sent to the certifying official at UF.  

For Chapter 35 beneficiaries (a spouse or dependent child of a deceased or disabled veteran), the certifying official will need your "Certificate of Eligibility."  The "Certificate of Eligibility" is sent to you after submitting a completed VA Form 22-5490 to the Regional Processing Office (St. Louis, MO). If you have applied online using VONAPP, please inform the certifying official.  NOTE: The Certificate of Eligibility will indicate your "Claim Number" and "Suffix." This is required information for submitting your enrollment certification.      

For Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation) benefits, your case manager will submit the paperwork to The University of Findlay certifying official. Upon verifying your enrollment, the certifying official will forward the authorization form to the business office, where an invoice will be sent to the Veterans Administration. If the Veterans Administration authorizes books and supplies for your courses, ask for the book voucher from the assistant manager in the business office.  

If you have never used your Montgomery GI Bill education benefits (Chapters 30 or 1606), the certifying official at The University of Findlay will need: 

1. For Chapter 30 applicants, submit a Certified Copy of your DD-214 Member 4 (Discharge Certificate)


For Chapter 1606 applicants, submit your DD-2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE). NOTE: Chapter 1606 applicants who have a Kicker Contract should submit the contract, also.


2.     Submit a completed "Application for VA Education Benefits," VA Form 22-1990 to the VA. NOTE: This form may be printed from Education Forms or by applying online through VONAPP.


How do VA benefits affect m​y financial aid package? 


Recognizing the variability of benefits being extended to veterans who enroll at University of Findlay (UF), the University is adopting the following policies regarding institutionally-funded financial aid

1.   We recommend that all VA benefit recipients file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

2.   UF will give the student a merit award and need-based award based on the student's admissions application and need.  These will be applied to the tuition/fee billing.  Any state grant will be applied to tuition/fee billing as well.  Any Federal Pell Grant award may be used for living expenses.  The VA benefit will be calculated and applied by the student accounts office.  If the amount of the institutional merit and need award plus the VA benefit and any applicable state grant exceeds the cost of tuition and fees, we will reduce the amount of institutional award(s) to an amount such that the VA benefit plus the state grant plus the institutional aid does not exceed the cost of tuition and fees

3.   We will provide eligible students a copy of this policy and publish same on our website.


I have been receiving VA education benefits at another school and am transferring into University of Findlay. What do I do​​ to continue receiving these benefits?

1.   Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606 beneficiaries complete and submit VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Regional Office in St. Louis.     

2.   Chapter 33 beneficiaries complete and submit VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Regional Office in St. Louis. Once processed, submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to the certifying official at The University of Findlay.

3.   Chapter 35 beneficiaries complete and submit VA Form 22-5495 to the VA Regional Office in St. Louis. Once processed, submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to the certifying official at The University of Findlay.

NOTE: Forms 22-1995 and 22-5495 may be printed from Education Forms.  You may apply online using VONAPP.

Who do I talk to about Montgomery GI Bill Benefits at Findlay?       


Angela Kiszka, Financial Aid Counselor and /VA Certifying Official          

Office of Financial Aid         

University of Findlay          

1000 North Main Street          

Findlay, OH  45840