In an effort to maintain a safe, clean and pleasant
environment at the Student Recreation Center, the following rules and
regulations have been established and will be enforced for the enjoyment of all
patrons. The use of the Student
Recreation Center, Cardio Center, and Weight Room is a privilege; proper behavior is required at all times
while using the facility.
- Only The University of Findlay students, faculty,
staff, board of trustees and alumni* age eighteen and older** may utilize the Student Recreation Center, Cardio Center, and Weight Room.
- *Alumni must purchase a membership in
order to use the center.
- **The only exception to the age requirement is for children of faculty/staff as explained below.
- Faculty/staff, alumni and board of trustee member’s
spouses who have purchased a membership are permitted to use the center. Spouses must have a valid UF ID.
- Faculty/staff children between the ages of 12-25 will
be permitted to use the Student Recreation Center, but children between the ages of 12-17 must be accompanied by
an adult at all times. Children
between the ages of 12-15 will not be permitted to use the Cardio Center and Weight Room. Children must have a valid UF ID.
- Guests (eighteen years or older) of a UF student, faculty or staff member may use
the Student Recreation Center, Cardio Center, and Weight Room, but must purchase a daily guest pass at the
Recreational Services Office. The UF
host must be present in order to purchase a pass and access the Student
- All patrons wishing to enter the Student Recreation Center must
present their Oiler One Card or other UF ID at the front desk of the Koehler
- UF Students will be given first priority in reserving
the racquetball court, using the rock wall, multi-courts and Cardio Center.
- Patrons using the Student Recreation Center, Cardio Center, and Weight Room do so at
their own risk. The University of
Findlay is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals
participating in any exercise activity.
Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis. All
emergencies or injuries must be reported to the staff on duty.
No more than four (4) members of any one varsity sports
team may use the Cardio Center at the same time.
Proper work-out attire is required (i.e., t-shirt,
shorts, sweat pants, gym shoes, etc.) – no jeans, street/dress shoes, bare
feet, sandals, spikes or cleats.
- The University of Findlay is not responsible for lost,
stolen or damaged items brought into the Student Recreation Center, Cardio Center, or Weight Room by patrons.
Lockers that have locks left on them at 11:00 p.m. will, each night, have their locks removed, and the items will be removed from the lockers.
- Please be considerate of those using the equipment
after you; wipe machines down with the towels or wipes that are provided
in the Cardio Center.
- Turn off TV’s on cardio machines after use.
- Please only use one piece of equipment at a time, be
courteous, and take turns with others.
- Patrons are required to pick-up after themselves, discard
trash, and remove personal items after use.
- Smoking and/or use of any type of smokeless tobacco is
not permitted anywhere in the Student Recreation Center, Cardio Center, or Weight Room.
- The staff of the Student Recreation Center reserves the
right to limit usage of any piece of equipment and/or area in the center.
- Devices that play music and/or video are not permitted unless
they are personal units equipped with headphones. Video recording is not permitted in any area of the Student Recreation Center, Cardio Center, and Weight Room.
- Anyone caught abusing, damaging, or using the Student
Recreation Center, Cardio Center, or Weight Room equipment in an unsafe manner will lose
their privileges immediately.
- The Student Recreation Center, Cardio Center, and Weight Room
temperatures will be kept between 68-72 degrees as recommended by the American
College of Sports Medicine.
- All questions about policies should be directed to Bryan Golding at either 419-434-4842 or firstname.lastname@example.org.