Strengthen your communication and advance your career.
Master the art of communication and gain the skills you need to go further through the University of Findlay's Online Master of Arts in Professional Communication Program (MAPC). Designed for the current professional or a student who recently completed a bachelor's degree, the MAPC is a two-year graduate program that prepares students for advancement in a variety of careers where communication is vital.
At Findlay, you will strengthen your communication ability through listening, oral, written and digital communication skills. Whether you are looking to create an engaging presentation, perfect your public speaking, or learn to utilize digital media, the MAPC will prepare you to be successful and attractive to employers in a number of ways.
Current professionals in the program can implement new strategies such as facilitating productive meetings or conducting effective electronically mediated meetings in the workplace immediately.
- The University of Findlay is one of only a few institutions nationwide to offer a fully online master's program in communication.
- The MAPC can be completed in just two years with courses offered year-round.
- All students are provided with an online orientation to ease into the program, meet the professor, and learn the skills needed to be successful in the program.
- Topics courses are offered each semester allowing degree and non-degree seeking students to enroll in courses directly related to their career goals.
- Students enjoy a sense of community through virtual communication opportunities with professors and other students.
The MAPC is a two-year program designed for students who have a bachelor's degree and have met the admission requirements. The program can be completed part-time or full-time, online throughout the fall, spring and summer. Degree and non-degree seeking students looking to strengthen communication skills can enroll in classes during any semester.
With course flexibility, you can customize your degree to fit within your career goals. Course assignments often allow you to incorporate current work projects making the program convenient and relative to your everyday life.
MAPC students complete eight core courses, six elective hours and two capstone courses culminating in a successful defense of a capstone project. Topics courses are offered throughout the year as electives. Each course has a specific focus such as teambuilding or interpersonal communication. Click here
to view the MAPC curriculum.