ESOH students have several options when it comes to scholarships!
Companies and organizations that consistently offer scholarships to UF students:
- Marathon Petroleum Scholarships- (2) $1,000 scholarships (non-renewable)
- BP Scholarships- (4) $2,500 scholarships (renewable)
- Ohio Environmental Service Industries (OESI) Scholarships - (4) $1,000 (non-renewable)
- Dow U.S.A. Science Scholarship - (1) $1,200
- Whirlpool Foundation Scholarship - (1) $1,200
- William B. Jutte - (1) $800
- ESOH - (1) $1,400
- Valcor Environmental Services - (1) $600
- Donald C. Higgins - (1) $800
For more information on these specific scholarships, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 419-434-4791 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Health Scholarships - public health online
Public Health Online provides students, parents and general readers with accurate and expert-driven information and resources about public health topics, careers and the post-secondary educational landscape.
See a list of available scholarships and grants
Environmental Health Scholarships
The Ohio Environmental Health Association (OEHA) provides qualified students the opportunity to apply or The George Eagle Memorial Scholarship. This Scholarship consists of a $2,000 cash award granted to one undergraduate, and one graduate student annually.
Application Deadline is February 28, 2016.
- Ohio resident
- Enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior in a program leading to a baccalaureate degree in environmental health or a related field (biology, environmental science, environmental management, etc.)
- Express intent to become employed in environmental health in Ohio following graduation.
- An OEHA member in good standing for two consecutive years prior to applying for the scholarship.
- Registered Sanitarian in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of three years experience in environmental health field
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Enrolled in M.S.E.S., M.S.E.H., M.E.S.I., M.S.E.P.H., M.P.H., or other environmental health graduate degree program approved by the scholarship committee.
- College tation Couor University must be an accredited school of higher learning.
- A personal interview will be required of the top three applicants a determined by the scholarship committee.
For more information, visit Ohio Environmental Health Association
National Environmental Health Association and
American Association of Sanitarians Scholarship Opportunity
The NEHA/AAS Scholarship program is to encourage early commitment by students to a career in EH and to stimulate past and present graduates to pursue postgraduate studies in EH sciences. The program offers financial assistance to individuals with a demonstrable need, and serves to introduce adequately trained professionals into the EH workforce.
Undergraduate - The undergraduate scholarships are available to students who are enrolled in an approved four-year college or university that is either accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC) or is a NEHA Educational or Sustaining Member School.
Graduate - The graduate scholarship is available to those students or career professionals who are enrolled in a graduate program at a recognized college or university with a declared curriculum in environmental health sciences.
There will be two awards presented, one $2,000 award to one graduate student and three $1,000 awards to each of three undergraduate students.
Submit Application to:
7290 S. Colorado Blvd., Ste. 1000-N
Denver, CO 80246-1926
Contact: Cindy Dimmitt
NEHA Scholarship Liaison
Phone: 303-756-9090, ext. 300
The ASSE Foundation is offering over $250,000 in scholarships to students pursuing degrees in OS&H!
New in 2015 are several awards including the Nick D. Yin Scholarship, the first global-oriented scholarship intended for students from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Macau studying in the United States. Companies such as SafeStart, UL and Texas Safety Foundation have also added awards.
In addition, the ASSE Foundation will introduce a new category of awards titled Impact Scholarships. These awards range from $10,000 - $15,000 and are designed to cover a substantial portion of a student’s tuition, offering significant support during their education. Preference will be given to students attending a university with an ABET-accredited safety program and to those that have served in the military.