Equestrian Frequently asked questions

​Q: Can I bring my own horse?

A: Yes! Both the English and western programs allow freshman to bring their own horse. More information about this option can be found at:

Q: What equipment/tack do I need?​

A: Tack lists are provided for each discipline. Click on the links below to see the updated tack lists.

Q: Will there be transportation provided?

A: Yes, a bus runs between both farms and campus throughout the day. The schedule can be obtained from the box office in the Alumni Memorial Union on campus.


Q: Can I dual major?

A: Students are encouraged to be involved with another major to make them more marketable and allow for more diverse internship and job opportunities. Some majors that work well with Equestrian Studies are business, accounting, journalism, marketing, Spanish, education and computer science, as well as others.​

Q: Are there riding teams?

A: The University of Findlay offers four riding teams. There are two IHSA teams – English and Western – as well as a dressage team (IDA), eventing and ranch horse team.

Q: Where are the farms located?

A: Both farms are located south of campus. 

The English farm is about 4 miles away and is located at: 11178 Township Highway 201 Findlay, OH 45840

The western farm is about 7 miles away and is located at: 14700 U.S. Route 68 Findlay, OH 45840.​  Take a virtual tour of both of our farms.