The University of Findlay's English Equestrian Program's school horses mainly consist of horses donated by individual donors. The horses donated to our program range from top-rated show horses to veteran beginner horses.
Fill out Horse Donation Application
- One of the head instructors will review your application and a member of the staff will contact you regarding your donation.
- If there is a space available in the program, you will receive a donation packet which includes:
In most cases, we will request a video of your horse before bringing it in on a two-week trial period. This will help us better assess the horse for the program and keep the shipping costs to a minimum for the donor.
After reviewing the information and/or video, a member of the staff will contact the donor to schedule an arrival date for your horse.
For horses approved to come in on trial, we ask that a negative coggins arrive prior to the horses arrival or along with the delivery of the horse.
After the horse arrives at our facility for a two-week trial period, the instructors will evaluate the horse and have a pre-purchase exam performed.
By the end of the two-week trial period, a member of the staff will contact you to inform you if your horse has been approved for the program.
The following forms may be submitted after approval:
- Horse Donation Form 8283
- Forms signed by both the owner and appraiser
- One appraisal for horses valued less than $5,000
- Two appraisals for horses valued more than $5,000.
- Vaccination Requirements Form along with all past medical history
Please be sure to complete all paperwork before your horse arrives at our facility. If you have concerns about completing any of the paperwork, or have any questions, please contact the administrative assistant at 419-434-4859 or 800-548-0932 ext. 4859.
- Registration papers (if applicable) signed over to The University of Findlay.
- USEF, USDF or FEI show record from the past show season and the USAE Horse ID number or USDF registration number (if applicable).