Now that you have been officially accepted to a graduate degree program at University of Findlay, here is the list of the next steps you need to take to be ready to start classes.
- Ensure that all final transcripts and other required application materials are sent to the University before classes start.
- Set up your UFnet account, sign the Financial Responsibility Statement, if you have not already. This will give you access to MyFindlay, which is your student portal for the university. If you have trouble setting up your account, or if you have been previously enrolled at Findlay and need to reactivate an existing UFNet account, please call IT Services Office at 419-434-4357.
- Get in touch with your faculty advisor and register for classes.
- If you are registered for at least 4.5 credit hours this semester, you can sign up for an OilerOne ID card that will serve as your student ID. Visit the Information Desk in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU) after you have registered for classes to have your picture taken. Your official ID card will be mailed to you within a few weeks. Once you have received it, activate your official OilerOne ID card.
- Order your parking permit within your UFnet student portal. You can immediately pick up your parking permit at the Office of Campus Safety and Emergency Management. In order to obtain your parking permit you must show your official or temporary student ID. There is no additional charge for your parking permit.
- Set up your payment plan with the Business Office and check on your financial aid. Click here for more information on how to pay your bill.
- Complete and submit our media release form.
- Become familiar with Canvas, our online class system. Contact your instructor directly if you have any questions.
your Graduate Counselor to set up an appointment to help orient you
with Findlay. Get to know the student services and activities available
to you as a graduate student, regardless of whether you are on-campus or
online. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is
anything else I can help you with.