What makes The University of Findlay's College of Education unique? UF students receive hands-on experience out in the classroom all four years!
In fact, the State of Ohio scored UF's College of Education higher than average Ohio education programs in the areas of student satisfaction, field experience and alumni performance!
School administrators notice the difference in UF education graduates!
"...They are the leaders who are continually improving our excellent school."
-- Jay Clark, Van Buren Middle School Principal, Ohio Middle Level Association 2014 Educator of the Year
Read more administrator testimonials....
College of Education students complete general education
requirements along with professional education courses and field
experiences. Students are in schools observing, participating and
learning beginning with their freshman year. Our schedule provides
flexibility in starting and completing your degree.
There are multiple experiential learning options with international and domestic students and students with disabilities starting the first year and continuing throughout the program.
Read more Evidence of Excellence!
Are you an undergraduate student interested in becoming a teacher? Learn more about our undergraduate licensure programs:
- Early Childhood - In Ohio, allows you to teach age 3 - grade 3
- Intervention Specialist - work with children grades K-12 with moderate disabilities
- Middle Childhood - In Ohio, allows you to teach grades 4-9 in reading and two selected content areas: Integrated English/Language Arts, Integrated Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Integrated Social Studies.
- Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA) - allows you to teach grades 7-12 in specialized areas like: Integrated Language Arts, Integrated Mathematics, Integrated Social Studies, Integrated Science, and Life Science
- Multi-age - allows you to teach K-12 in Visual Arts, Japanese, Spanish, Physical Education, and Health
Are you an educator looking to advance your career? Learn more about our teacher education programs:
Students at the post-baccalaureate or graduate level
engage in specialized combinations of courses to match their educational
career interests. Our programs feature internships in schools,
businesses or other community enterprises. Our faculty is made up of
experienced teachers, educational administrators and human resource
Our students explain the UF difference