​Transfer Admissions

Transfer Student Stories

Melissa Soto is the District Sales Manager at the Coca-Cola Bottling Company and a 2011 graduate of University of Findlay's marketing program. She transferred to UF from Owens Community College. Click the video above to hear her story.

During Melissa's time at Owens, many four-year colleges and universities visited campus to recruit students. Soto explained that the University of Findlay offered a seamless transition of her credits from Owens, and she didn’t have to repeat any classes.

Hear more from Melissa and other transfer student stories.


Transferring to Findlay is Convenient and Affordable

At University of Findlay you will experience an education based on science, arts and technology. Our broad mix of strong programs is important to you because you can come to Findlay and begin gaining experience in your chosen major your first semester, or you can take a little time to explore and find a career path that, perhaps, you didn't know was an option.

Who is Considered a Transfer Student? 

If you have enrolled in 12 credit hours or more of college-level course work at an accredited institution since graduating from high school and would like to take courses at the University of Findlay, you are considered a transfer student.

transfer-honor-roll-seal.jpgFindlay Recognized by Phi Theta Kappa on Transfer Honor Roll

Phi Theta Kappa has recognized 40 top colleges and universities nationwide as members of the inaugural Excellence in Community College Transfer Honor Roll, which identifies the top four-year colleges and universities for creating dynamic pathways to support community college transfer. University of Findlay is honored to be named to this list. Click here to learn more.

Dedicated Transfer Team

One of our dedicated transfer admission counselors will work with you from the first day of classes at your current school until you start classes at Findlay. They will make sure you are on the fastest degree pathway for you.

Transfer Partner Schools

University of Findlay has partnered with several different institutions to provide a seamless transfer process for students.

Waived GE Courses = Quicker Degree Completion

University of Findlay waives most General Education requirements for students with an earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from an institution within the University System of Ohio allowing you to complete your degree quicker.

Transferring Credits

Up to 62 approved semester hours will transfer from a two-year institution. There is no limit to the number of approved semester hours that will transfer from a four-year institution. However, bachelor’s degree students must complete at least 30 semester hours of UF coursework toward the total 124-semester hour degree requirement, and associate’s degree students must complete at least 15 semester hours of UF coursework toward the total 62-semester hour degree requirement in order to graduate from UF.

Up To $15,000 in Merit Scholarships

The University of Findlay offers one of the largest scholarship packages for transfer students in
the state of Ohio.

Know Your Total Cost At UF

Take the next step in finding out how affordable Findlay can be. In five minutes, our Total Degree Cost Calculator will estimate your yearly out-of-pocket cost for your entire degree.

Take some time to explore our site. Take a 
virtual campus tour. We're here to answer your questions about transferring to Findlay.


Contact Us:

Office of Admissions  |  419-434-4732  |  transfer@findlay.edu