College of Pharmacy offers an accredited 0+6 Doctor of Pharmacy Program
Findlay has one of the few pharmacy schools in the country to offer a direct-entry, 0+6 program! Students are accepted directly into the pharmacy program as freshmen and continue seamlessly into the professional level of the program, graduating at the end of six years with a doctor of pharmacy
The Pharmacy Curriculum is divided into four phases:
The first two years are basic science and general education material.
The third year is basic pharmaceutical sciences. These courses prepare you to understand the language of pharmacy and the thought processes involved in pharmacy practice. Beginning in the third year and continuing through the fifth year, students complete 50 hours each semester of supervised experience under the guidance of a practicing pharmacist.
The fourth and fifth years are dedicated to applied pharmacy science and are meant to introduce you to the clinical year,
as well as preparing you for your pharmacy career path. You may wish to explore an interest in a specialty area such as pediatrics, diabetes management, and natural medicines (and more) through pharmacy elective courses.
You will take "capstone" pharmacy course. This course is designed to provide multiple opportunities to apply the entire curriculum in mock scenarios prior to entering advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE) rotations in the sixth year.
The sixth year is all about advanced pharmacy practice experience, with rotations in areas such as general medicine, advanced community pharmacy and opportunities to work with specialized patient populations.
Click here to learn more.
Tour the College of Pharmacy
What Makes Findlay's Pharmacy Program Different?
Our faculty use an interactive teaching style, integrating subjects such as pharmacy, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, kinetics, herbal and over-the-counter therapies into an organ system based curriculum. You will study the care of patients in integrated courses. Other unique aspects are:
- Dual-degrees offered are:
- One of only 10 pharmacy schools in the country offering a 0+6 program
- Entering class size of 72 students
- Professional courses are taught in small sections of 36 students
- Classes are taught interactively. Our faculty use an interactive teaching style, integrating subjects such as pharmacy, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, kinetics, herbal and over-the-counter therapies into an organ system based curriculum
- Sixth-year students do all nine months of clinical education at one of 30 hub sites, but can choose from a variety of elective experiences away from the hub to help each student meet personal and professional goals.
Click here to learn more
- All professors are doctoral qualified
- Professors have an educationally diverse background
Findlay’s experiential program is unparalleled. Each student is matched with a mentor, in one location, which allows each student time to establish professional relationships and truly become part of a health care team while being will be exposed to a variety of experiences with various pharmacist specializing in their practice area.
The Sixth Year Rotation: