Dates: July 21-26, 2019
What You Can Expect
The Well is a uniquely transformative week-long faith experience on the University of Findlay campus during which high school students are invited to dive deeper in the faith, strengthening their Christ-centered identity while discerning God’s call on their life more clearly. Students at the Well spend time together during the week engaging with immersive worship experiences, examining the Scriptures, exploring church history and the arts, encountering a diverse array of church traditions, sharing in local service opportunities, and living in vital community with other students from all around the country.
University of Findlay faculty, staff, and student ministry leaders come together to teach, lead, and guide participants of The Well. While this makes for an invaluable opportunity for spiritual formation and vocational discernment, The Well is also a great chance for high school students to live on-campus for a week: experiencing dorm life, eating in the dining hall, and hanging out around campus.
Sign up today! Come prepared to wrestle with questions like:
Who am I?
- What’s my story?
- In what ways does God communicate His will to us?
- Does God have a specific plan for us?
- How do we know what God is calling us to do?
- How can I use my gifts to serve my fellow man?
- Worship at different Findlay-area churches to represent the variety of Christian expression
- Breakout sessions to dig deeper into the content discussed through the week
- Students will be encouraged to share experiences, strengths, weaknesses and barriers to understand the relationship between faith and life
- Personal testimonies from guest speakers representing an occupational and non-occupational ministry
- Exploration road trips to a variety of distinct religious centers (Jewish, Muslim, Orthodox and more)
- Interaction with professionals to discover how they provide service and vocation through their occupation
- Volunteer work benefitting several local charities within the Findlay community
- Daily review and debriefing of each day's theme, sharing thoughts on real-life application
- Recreational activities at Findlay's athletic center, movie night, scavenger hunt and other games