Animal Science Degree
Watch the video below for a brief overview of our program:
The University of Findlay has one of the top animal science degree programs in the country. Our 31,000-square-foot Dr. C. Richard Beckett Animal Science Building
, UF’s Center for Equine and Pre-Veterinary Studies, provides the ultimate in experiential learning beginning in the very first semester.
Students start getting hands-on experience within their first year!
Our diverse animal science degree covers many facets of the animal industry through three unique emphasis areas:
- Animal Science/Industry
- students can study forage management and general management practices within the animal industry
- Animal Science/Science
- students can study livestock production, animal nutrition, breeding and genetics, or prepare for graduate school
Our experienced faculty train animal science students in the following areas:
- Handling and managing animals
- Owning and operating animal facilities
- Gaining knowledge about the animal agriculture industry
- Selecting from a variety of careers involving large and small animals
Our small, friendly
campus has a culture of accessible instructors and staff. Our animal
science degree offers learning experiences with most farm species
including beef and dairy cattle, swine, sheep, goats, llamas and horses.
We offer a variety of learning formats, including
classroom studies, live animal evaluations and demonstrations and field
Take a virtual tour of our facility!