Convenient Environmental Safety and Health Management Masters Degree
The University of Findlay's Master of Science in Environmental, Safety and Health Management is offered online, on-campus or through a convenient blend of both.
Our graduate-level classes prepare students for leadership positions in the environmental industry. We provide an enhanced knowledge of science, engineering, environmental policy and business concepts.
Click here to read more about the UF difference.
- One of just eight graduate degrees in the United States accredited by the Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC).
- Ranked one of the best online colleges for environmental science by Affordable Colleges Online.
- Guided by a national advisory board of industry professionals from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Classes are offered in 8 week blocks with three different entry terms.
- Spring entry - Block I begins in January, Block II begins in March
- Summer entry - Block I begins in May, Block II begins in June
- Fall entry - Block I begins in August, Block II begins in October
- Offers flexible course options -
take courses online, on-campus or through a convenient blend of both.
"I looked all over the country for opportunities to follow this degree path. As a full-time executive, I needed some flexibility in class schedules to enable me to do my job. Findlay had a very flexible schedule with night time classes and classes on the weekend."
--Rick Puckett, Global Safety Manager for Ford Motor Company, Master of Science in Environmental, Safety and Health Management '10
Our curriculum includes five crucial knowledge areas:
Business knowledge- executive, strategic and operations concepts
Analytical skills - mathematics, computer applications and online tools needed to assess and interpret data
Managerial skills - leadership skills needed to address environmental safety and health issues among employees, organizations, communities and nations
Technical knowledge - environmental policy and compliance, risk reduction and hazard management systems
Integrative skills - combines the above skills into effective action, presentation and leadership
The University of Findlay master's degree program in environmental, safety and health management is accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC). Graduation from an accredited program is a requirement to enter the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
Ours is one of just seven programs in the United States with this accreditation.
The mission of the Master of Science in Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health Management academic unit is to provide graduates with the necessary skills to make managerial decisions and provide leadership in the environmental, safety and occupational health (ESH) fields.