Entry into the Physician Assistant Program at the University of Findlay is a competitive process that involves multiple steps:
- Electronically complete and submit the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
Follow the guidelines for submission as stated on the CASPA Web site. The CASPA application is used in lieu of the official application to The University of Findlay. Applicants are not required to submit both an application to the University of Findlay and a CASPA application.
- All official post-secondary transcripts are to be sent to CASPA when you complete and fill out the CASPA form.
- If you took any courses outside of the U.S., you should submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to CASPA from the evaluation service.
- Only transcripts (official) for courses completed after your CASPA application has been verified must be sent to UF. This includes domestic and international transcripts/US-based evaluation service evaluation.
- The Supplemental Application will automatically be sent to any qualified applicant upon receipt of a completed CASPA application. It will be sent electronically to the email address supplied to CASPA. The completed supplemental application and $50 non-refundable supplemental application fee must be submitted no later than one week after receiving the electronic application link to guarantee review by the admissions committee.
- Submit a résumé through CASPA.
- Submit three letters of recommendation through CASPA. The University of Findlay's physician assistant program has no specific requirements concerning letters of recommendation. Applicants are encouraged to obtain letters of recommendation from the following sources to reflect on your motivation for becoming a physician assistant :
- An academic reference attesting to your intellectual abilities
- One letter from a work-related supervisor or colleague who could reflect on your personal qualities
- All letters of recommendation should be submitted as part of the CASPA application.
A non-refundable $1,000 deposit is due upon acceptance of an offer of the program and will be applied to the PA program fees.
The PA program reserves the right to extend the application deadlines.
Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Interview and Admissions Committee.