Benefits of College Credit Plus
- Earn high school and college credits at the same time.
- Be proactive in career planning and program completion.
- Experience college early and prepare for the expectations of college.
- Save on tuition costs.
Please be aware that:
- Failure or withdrawing late may require reimbursement to the school district.
- Grades earned are permanent and will be listed on high school and college transcripts.
- Future financial aid may be impacted if a student performs poorly.
College-ready is more than being admitted. Students will need to consider the following before enrolling in College Credit Plus coursework:
- Emotional and social maturity
- Time management and organizational skills
- Demands of a college course load
- The maturity level of content
- Possible time away from traditional high school activities (ex. pep rallies)
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
College Credit Plus students are college students. They have ownership and control of their educational records. These records are now only accessible by the student. According to FERPA, college students, regardless of their age, are considered responsible adults who are allowed to determine who will receive personal information about them. While parents understandably have an interest in a student's academic progress, they are not automatically granted access to a student's records without written consent of that student. Parents are encouraged to consult with their student, if academic information is needed.