​Information for CCP Educators​

Can you explain the purpose of the dual enrollment program?

The dual enrollment component of Findlay's College Credit Plus (CCP) program provides students the opportunity to take Findlay courses, taught by qualified and trained teachers, in their own high school during their regular school day. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded college credit through the University of Findlay and will receive a Findlay transcript.

What courses are available through the program offered at the high schools?

College courses available through the CCP program offered at high schools:

  • Principles of Accounting I
  • Introduction to Animal Science  
  • Introduction to Biological Sciences  
  • Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology/Lab  
  • Basic Chemistry/Lab  
  • General Chemistry I/Lab 
  • College Writing I  
  • Literature Appreciation 
  • Environment and Society  
  • Personal Finance  
  • History of the US to 1865 
  • History of the US from 1865 
  • Elementary Statistics  
  • Calculus I  
  • General Physics I/Lab 
  • American Politics
  • International Relations  
  • Intermediate Spanish  
  • Introduction to Sociology
  • Principles of Speech
  • Elementary Spanish I
  • Elementary Spanish II
  • Oceanus
  • College Writing II
  • Word Processing
  • Presentation Graphics
  • Spreadsheet Design
  • Database Applications 

Course syllabi are available upon request.

Please describe the application process.

Application materials are due February 1 and consist of the following: 
  • School Partnership Application 
  • Teacher Registration Form (one for each teacher)
  • Resume for each teacher (see attached instructions)   
  • Transcripts (official or unofficial) for teachers new to the program
Applications are reviewed by the Findlay faculty and approved by the dean of the college. Faculty members may conduct interviews by phone or in person.  Schools will be notified by March 1 regarding acceptance into the program. Applications received after February 1 will be considered as space allows. No applications will be considered after April 15. Continued participation as CCP high school professors is dependent upon Findlay faculty approval. 

What are the qualifications for instructors?

CCP teachers are typically experienced high school teachers who are committed to staying current with both pedagogy and content through reading, research and ongoing professional development. They are committed to challenging themselves and their students to meet high standards of teaching and learning.  

These teachers value participation in a dynamic community of learners. Although requirements vary by department, minimum requirements for CCP teachers, effective the 2010-11 academic year, include:
  • Have a master's degree in the content area OR have a master's degree in another area with 18 graduate credits in the content area OR be an experienced teacher working toward these credentials;
  • one year of experience teaching the course at the high school level;
  • recommendation of the district superintendent and building principal;
  • recommendation of the UF faculty based on successful completion of the summer workshop.

Do instructors need to attend special workshops?

Teachers must attend the summer workshops in order to participate in the program.  They will receive 1-3 semester hours of graduate credit at no cost for successfully completing the workshop.  Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate returning teachers who are unable to attend the scheduled renewal training.  However, teachers new to the program must be able to attend the initial training as scheduled.  

What is the participation fee for an instructor?

There are no fees associated with instructor participation under the new CCP regulations.

What textbooks are used?

Textbooks used in the dual enrollment classes must be approved by the UF faculty.  Teachers should bring their textbook to the summer training. It is recommended that, if at all possible, schools purchase the same textbook that is used on campus.  

What are the syllabus requirements?

CCP teachers must submit their course of study/syllabus to the Findlay faculty for approval prior to the start of the school year. The high school course of study must include all content covered in the Findlay syllabus. High school teachers may be asked to submit assignments, tests and/or projects throughout the year to the Findlay faculty to assure the integrity of the Findlay course.

Do instructors have access to online tools?

CCP teachers may need to use their Findlay email accounts to utilize web-based course management functions and to receive Findlay correspondence. Schools or their districts agree to provide internet access for teachers to the Blackboard website.

Is there a class size limit?

UF English and Spanish classes have a maximum class size of 20 students.  High school classes must agree to respect the class size limits for those classes in which students are enrolled for Findlay credit.  If more than 20 eligible students desire to enroll in the English classes, a diagnostic test is available to assist schools in selecting the 20 students for the class.  It is not a requirement that all students in the class be taking the course for college credit. 

What are the student application process and qualifications?

Interested students must submit an application at findlay.edu/ccp by June 1. Once the application is submitted, students should work with their guidance counselor on next steps.
Eligible applicants must have a 2.5 GPA and one of the following standardized test scores:
• ACT - a composite of 20
• Reading Next-Generation ACCUPLACER score of 250

Specific course requirements may also need to be met through coursework, placement tests or standardized test scores. Please contact admissions for more details.    

Does the student receive a college transcript for the class?

Yes.  CCP allows high school students to receive college credit from the University of Findlay. Click here for transcript request information.

Will classes transfer to another university?

CCP is a quality dual-enrollment program in which students receive credit for taking college courses through the University of Findlay, an accredited institution, so transferring the credits should be rather seamless. However, we recommend that you contact the registrar’s office of your prospective colleges prior to enrolling in your CCP courses to inquire about credit transfer.

Will student families receive a bill?

Students may receive a bill if their school district does not pay the entire tuition. 

How are grades determined?

Students are graded using the University of Findlay’s grading scale.  If a class from the fall continues into the next semester, the grade for the fall semester will be an “EC” (Extended Credit) and grades will be changed at the end of the spring semester. The instructors have until the end of their school year to submit final grades to the University of Findlay.