​Withdrawal/Transfer From UF

Steps for Withdrawing from UF

What does filling o​ut this form do?

The withdrawal form will withdraw or "drop" you​ from all registered classes. 

When do I need to complete this form?

You will need to complete this form if you are taking a break in your studies for one or more semesters. If you need to drop your classes because you are taking a break/vacation or traveling back home during the Fall or Spring semester you will need ​to complete this form. 

Will this affect my visa status?

As an F-1 student, you are required to be registered full-time to maintain your visa status. You can safely withdraw from classes if it is during your official break/vacation period. If it is not during your break/vacation, you should contact the Office of International Admissions and Immigration Services to verify your withdrawal.

Will I owe tuition/fees if I withdraw?

If you withdraw before the start of the semester, you will not be charged tuition/fees. If you withdraw after the semester starts, you may be charged a portion or all of your tuition/fees. You should contact the Business Office for details on any tuition/fees owed.

Steps to Transfer from UF​ to another University

If you are an international student wanting to transfer out to a new university, please read the following carefully to complete your transfer. 

How do I withdraw to attend ​another university?

  • ​Complete the electronic wi​thdrawal form at the bottom of this page. Submit the form one time only. This form will withdraw you from your registered classes and from UF. 
  • If you are on post-completion OPT or STEM OPT wanting to transfer to another school, you will need to submit the withdrawal form below​.
  • Attach a scanned copy of your new school acceptance letter to the form below.
  • Provide the new school SEVIS code in the form below.  It is your responsibility to obtain the school SEVIS code from the new school. 
  • Your SEVIS record will be released to the new school on the date you select in the form below.  If you are currently on OPT or STEM OPT, your work authorization will end on the day you select to be released to the new school and transferred.
If your new school would like to verify yo​​​ur visa status, they may contact the Assistant Director of ​Immigration Services directly at v[email protected].