​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Master of Science in Radiologic Sciences

​​Enhance your training and further your career.

​University of Findlay's Master of Science in Radiologic Sciences provides advanced training for nuclear medicine technologists seeking to become multi-modality technologists, radiology directors, administrators, researchers, and educators. 

​​​About the Program​​

The Master of Science in Radiologic Sciences Program was designed as a way for nuclear medicine technologists to elevate their training and certifications in just two years. 

The program features further training in the fields of: ​

  • Computed Tomography (CT)  
  • Magnetic Resonance (MR) ​

Course Information

​Coursework is completed entirely online. The program is 44 credit hours which is comprised of ten core courses and two elective courses. Other than the clinical training hours, all coursework takes place online, making it easy to fit into a busy schedule. Learn more about the coursework and requirements below.


​​​Students complete at least 1,280​ hours of clinical training.

Students receive clinical training at one or more affiliate hospitals, receiving instruction and participating in the performance of clinical PET, CT, and MR imaging. This includes patient care, administrative duties, radiopharmaceutical preparation, instrumentation quality control, and radiation safety. Students have the option to complete their clinical training at their place of employment. ​

​Graduates of the program are prepared to pass national board certification exams.

​Our graduates are highly skilled, knowledgeable, and empathetic professionals who provide quality patient care. Graduates complete the program eligible for national certification through the Nuclear Medical Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).

Financial Aid and Loan Options

As a graduate student at UF, you are eligible to apply for loans through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. Through the federal program, you can obtain federal funds directly from the U.S. Department of Education. See below to learn more about Federal and private loan programs. In addition, there are other financial aid and loan options available to graduate students at the University of Findlay.

Federal Loan Programs

Stafford Loan Program - If you file a FAFSA and are enrolled at least half-time, you may qualify for a Stafford Loan, which is a long-term, low-interest loan. As a graduate student, you may borrow up to $20,500 in Federal Direct Loans each year.  The FAFSA and your cost of education will determine how much you can borrow. Your enrollment level also plays a role in your loan eligibility, but you must be enrolled at least half-time, which is at least four and one-half (4.5) hours of credit in a term.

Graduate PLUS Loans - You may also have the option of applying for a Graduate PLUS loan if your unsubsidized loan does not cover all of your educational costs.

Check on current intere​​​st rates for Federal Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS loan funds. You can complete the Master Promissory Note and entrance counseling for the Federal Unsubsidized loans and apply for a Graduate PLUS loan at Student Loans

Private Loan Options

​ You may wish to consider one of the alternative loans that are available to graduate students in lieu of the Direct GradPLUS Loan. As the borrower, you must initiate the loan, which must subsequently be certified by the Office of Financial Aid. Generally, you must be creditworthy, and a cosigner must be creditworthy as well. While you may be able to borrow without a cosigner, having a cosigner may reduce the fees and/or the interest rate on the loan. A careful review of interest rates and their trends may be of value as you decide whether the Direct Grad PLUS or the alternative loan is the right choice for you. Please visit FASTChoice to explore some private loan options.

Employer Reimbursement

For many graduate students, employer reimbursement is a good option to help cover the cost of your education. If your company offers employer reimbursement, you must contact the University's Business Office to complete the University's Comp​any Reimbursement Form prior to each session you enroll in.